    echo ZNOTEBOOKZ|findstr "ZBBBBBHORSEZ ZNNNZ ZNOTEBOOKZ"

    This works (i.e., returns ZNOTEBOOKZ) on both Windows 2000 and Windows 2003

    Is this a bug? It has broken one of our scripts!!!

    Guest, Oct 3, 2006

    Findstr is a DOS command. WindowsXP is no longer DOS based.
    The Command Prompt (CMD) is a simulator and has had some
    changes within XP. See below.

    Microsoft Windows XP - Findstr
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/findstr.mspx?mfr=true

    Windows XP DOS Commands