    Any light you could shed would be helpful!

    Thanks.

    , Apr 14, 2004

  2. wrote:
    > I am looking to find out on a 2000 Network an easy way to
    > identify who is logged onto what PC at a given time.. Im
    > sure you can do it, just not sure how to go about it.
    >
    > Any light you could shed would be helpful!
    >
    > Thanks.

    CMD prompt
    type

    nbtstat -a machine_name
    or
    nbtstat -a ip_address

    will report back with the machine name
    the workgroup/domain

    and the currently logged in user

    --
    Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

    http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

    Steve Parry [MVP], Apr 14, 2004

  3. You can use Angry IP scanner () and scan the
    entire subnet with it configured to fetch IP address, Hostname,
    Computername, Groupname, Username and MAC address. As long as everyone
    is on the same side of the router it will return them all. Depending on
    router filtering it may return them all across routers as well.

    Steve

    Steve Nielsen, Apr 15, 2004
  4. Guest Guest

    Guest, Apr 15, 2004
  5. You are welcome. Another good tool is NMapWin (port scanner with some
    extra capabilities like showing OS and username) from:

    http://www.insecure.org

    But it can only do one IP at a time.

    Steve

    Steve Nielsen, Apr 15, 2004