    the "qqq" appears in the doc.

    Could MSDOS do this?

    Any suggestions would be helpful.

    fkissam, Dec 5, 2003

  2. fkissam

    Sir_George Guest

    fkissam,

    I use Agent Ransack's free Version 1.7.2, Build 317 and it provides what you
    are seeking. When a keyword search has concluded and you select a document
    from the "file list view" the "contents view" screen shows the keyword in
    "blue" and contains a number preceding the text; that number is associated
    with the line number in the document found.

    --
    Sir_George
    For better access to newsgroups;

    "fkissam" <> wrote in message
    > I am looking for a utility.
    >
    > Everywhere in my microsoft word docs, I have the text expression "qqq".
    > That indicates that I have a question that must be answered.
    >
    > I want to search within a FOLDER of 100 documents. I want to search and
    > show each document and hilight or show where the "qqq" appears in each of
    > those documents.
    >
    > I have tried PowerDesk and Ransack and they will show all the docs that
    > contain the text phrase of "qqq". However, they do NOT show the place

    where

    Sir_George, Dec 5, 2003

  3. fkissam

    Kelly Guest

    Hi Sir George,

    Where ya been? :blush:)

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly

    MS-MVP Win98/XP
    [AE-Windows® XP]

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    Repair/Customize Quick Launch, Taskbar and Notification Area

    Registry Edits, Tips and Tricks for XP

    Kelly, Dec 5, 2003