    the objects (reports, forms, other queries,etc.) that
    reference that query in the MS Access DB. Do you know of
    one ?

    RWM, Apr 13, 2004

  2. RWM

    Chris2 Guest

    "RWM" <> wrote in message
    news:1ba7101c42106$6ab60290$...
    > I need a module that when run would provide a list of all
    > the objects (reports, forms, other queries,etc.) that
    > reference that query in the MS Access DB. Do you know of
    > one ?

    RWM,

    The short answer:

    FMS Software writes a 3rd Party product that purports to handle this, but
    I've never used it, so I'm not sure how well it works.

    Or . . . write a VBA module that iterates through the appropriate
    properties (ControlSource, etc.) of every Form and Report, and every control
    on every Form and Report, and through the SQL properties of all QueryDefs,
    keeping an accumulative list of hits whenever the search runs across a
    QueryDef name.

    Sincerely,

    Chris O.

    Chris2, Apr 13, 2004