    coundn't.

    Any idea?

    Mhaxx

    Mhaxx, Nov 13, 2007

  2. "Mhaxx" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Under:
    >
    > C:\Documents and Settings\MYUSERNAME\Impostazioni locali\Temporary
    > Internet
    > Files\Content.IE5\N3JGPQHL
    >
    > I can't delete a file named something like
    > 1604104820@Top,Bottom,HalfBanner.... Why?
    >
    > I can't delete it because even if I click on "Delete" from the menu "File"
    > nothing happens! I can't rename it because nothing happens, I can't move
    > it
    > because nothing happens.. why? I tried to remove from MS-DOS console but I
    > coundn't.
    >
    > Any idea?
    >
    > Mhaxx

    - What is the full file name?
    - What happens when you try to delete the file from a Command Prompt?
    - What happens when you delete the file with its Short File Name?

    To see the Short File Name, type this command:
    dir /x "C:\Documents and Settings\MYUSERNAME\Impostazioni locali\Temporary
    Internet Files\Content.IE5\N3JGPQHL\1604*.*"

    Pegasus \(MVP\), Nov 13, 2007
  3. Mhaxx

    Mhaxx Guest

    > - What is the full file name?

    date: 02/11/2007 16.21
    size: 34.875
    short name: 160410~1
    ext name:
    1604104820@Top,Bottom,HalfBanner,HalfBanner_2,SkyScraper,MaxTicker_01,VideoB
    ox,SpotLight_01,PopUp,TextBox_01,TextBox_02,TextBox_03,TextBox_04,[1]

    > - What happens when you try to delete the file from a Command Prompt?

    OS says that file is not found.

    > - What happens when you delete the file with its Short File Name?

    OS says that file is not found.

    Thanks,

    Mhaxx

    Mhaxx, Nov 13, 2007
  4. "Mhaxx" <> wrote in message
    >> - What is the full file name?

    > date: 02/11/2007 16.21
    > size: 34.875
    > short name: 160410~1
    > ext name:
    > 1604104820@Top,Bottom,HalfBanner,HalfBanner_2,SkyScraper,MaxTicker_01,VideoB
    > ox,SpotLight_01,PopUp,TextBox_01,TextBox_02,TextBox_03,TextBox_04,[1]
    >
    >> - What happens when you try to delete the file from a Command Prompt?

    > OS says that file is not found.
    >
    >> - What happens when you delete the file with its Short File Name?

    > OS says that file is not found.
    >

    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mhaxx

    The combined path + file name may be too long. Try this:
    - Click Start / Run / cmd {OK}
    - Type these commands and press {Enter} each time:
    subst X: "C:\Documents and Settings\MYUSERNAME\Impostazioni
    locali\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\" {Enter}
    X: {Enter}
    cd N3JGPQHL{Enter}
    del 160410~1{Enter}

    This should fix the problem.

    Pegasus \(MVP\), Nov 13, 2007
  5. Mhaxx

    Mhaxx Guest

    > The combined path + file name may be too long. Try this:
    > - Click Start / Run / cmd {OK}
    > - Type these commands and press {Enter} each time:
    > subst X: "C:\Documents and Settings\MYUSERNAME\Impostazioni
    > locali\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\" {Enter}
    > X: {Enter}

    Maybe you mean cd X ?

    > cd N3JGPQHL{Enter}
    > del 160410~1{Enter}

    Already tried without success!

    Mhaxx

    Mhaxx, Nov 13, 2007
  6. See below.

    "Mhaxx" <> wrote in message
    >> The combined path + file name may be too long. Try this:
    >> - Click Start / Run / cmd {OK}
    >> - Type these commands and press {Enter} each time:
    >> subst X: "C:\Documents and Settings\MYUSERNAME\Impostazioni
    >> locali\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\" {Enter}
    >> X: {Enter}

    > Maybe you mean cd X ?

    *** No, I did mean X: {Enter}
    *** It is essential that you delete the file while on drive X:!

    >> cd N3JGPQHL{Enter}
    >> del 160410~1{Enter}

    > Already tried without success!
    >
    > Mhaxx

    When I wrote

    Pegasus \(MVP\), Nov 13, 2007
  7. Mhaxx

    Mhaxx Guest

    > >> - Click Start / Run / cmd {OK}
    > >> - Type these commands and press {Enter} each time:
    > >> subst X: "C:\Documents and Settings\MYUSERNAME\Impostazioni
    > >> locali\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\" {Enter}

    It says it's impossible to find this path! :-O

    > >> X: {Enter}

    > > Maybe you mean cd X ?

    > *** No, I did mean X: {Enter}
    > *** It is essential that you delete the file while on drive X:!
    >
    > >> cd N3JGPQHL{Enter}
    > >> del 160410~1{Enter}

    > > Already tried without success!
    > >
    > > Mhaxx
    > >

    > When I wrote

    ?

    Mhaxx

    Mhaxx, Nov 13, 2007
  8. If the path does not exist then the preceding "subst" command
    failed. Here it is again - it is one single long line!

    Pegasus \(MVP\), Nov 13, 2007
  9. Mhaxx

    Mhaxx Guest

    > failed. Here it is again - it is one single long line!

    You're right: I renamed the prev subfolders to single char so the total
    number of chars is lower.. and now I can delete it, good!

    Thank you so much,

    Mhaxx

    Mhaxx, Nov 13, 2007
  10. Yore welcome.