    software too clean and restore this file. Avast identified it as---
    win32:Small-LX[Trj]

    Windows XP professional

    Guest, Dec 16, 2006

    Wesley Vogel Guest

    Delete it.

    Probably caused by an error on your machine.

    A kernel memory dump, which is written to the %SystemRoot%\Memory.dmp
    folder.

    A complete memory dump, which is written to the %SystemRoot%\Memory.dmp
    folder.

    If a STOP message appears and a Memory.dmp or minidump file is created,
    these can be sent to Microsoft.

    And if Memory.dmp was created by malware deleting can only help.

    Either way, deleting it will hurt nothing.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:,
    do you know <do you > hunted and pecked:

    Wesley Vogel, Dec 16, 2006

  3. As far as I know this file is a copy of RAM at the time when your PC
    crashed. You or MS can use that file to analyze the state of the computer at
    the crash time and to find out what caused that crash. But otherwise you can
    safely delete that file.

    Miha

    Virtual Server, Dec 16, 2006