Fiber Optic Broadband.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Nice it sounds like you should get the full sync. I assume its the same as BT with the 40/2 option?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
same as BT with the 40/2 option?

Yeah its the same as BT. Engineer said in June/July they are upgrading again. So it will be fiber optic right to my flat, not just to the cab.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah you sure he didn't mean the upgrade to the 17a profile from 8c? Or are you actually getting FTTP?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Lucky bugger, where abouts are you?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
How long does this ettling stage last ?
speed.png

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well, i was told there is no training period on FTTC by my provider...

It could be different on TalkTalk, but on ADSL MAX its 10 days. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
On another note, i have said to my ISP (ADSL24) to put my name down for the possibility of testing the new 80/20 (17a profile) service this year. :D

As i am only 150m from the cab, the results should be rather good! :thumb:

This is what i get at the mo....

1758689564.png

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Has the line settled down now ED?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Has the line settled down now ED?

Still up and down. Lowest has been 20mbps. I spoke to TalkTalk and the bloke said there will be fluctuations, but not as much as I am seeing. He ran his test and said at the cab its showing 38mbps. So thinks there could either be a problem with wiring from the cab to my place, or a problem with wiring in my place or a problem with the modem.
He said to leave it till Monday and he will call again and see if the speed has improved. Then we will do some tests like connect directly to the modem and not use the router, and after that if no improvement he will send an engineer out.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Are you connected directly to the main socket?

Tried this?
http://speedtester.bt.com/

I tried that, but got an error.

FAQ
test_error.gif

Performance Tester is unable to run the speed test for your telephone number:***********. Please check that it is the correct telephone number for your service. Did you follow all the instructions given on the website, before initiating the speed test. If not, then please follow all the instructions carefully and try to run the test again.If you believe it is the correct number for your service and you have followed all the instructions then please ask your Service Provider whether you can use Performance Tester to test your Broadband speed. If yes, then ask him for the Service ID of your broadband connection and try again with this Service ID along with your Telephone Number. If this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
*Fiber Optic Update*

Have been running regular speed tests at certain times as asked by TalkTalk and still getting around 25mbps.
Just had a chat with them and they ran some more tests from their side, and are now saying I am getting 39mbps at the BT Open Reach modem, but tests are showing its the TalkTalk HUAWEI router that is at fault. So they will be sending me a new one within the next 3 days. Lets see if this solves the problem..The plus side is until I am getting the 39mbps as promised, I won't be charged the £10 a month fiber optic fee :D

Reaction score
Luck devil I can only a max of 10 mps and that is wireless from Vfast anything that else has to come through a BT cable and because of the distance from the exchange and copper cable I can only get .3mps so I have to go with Vfast and pay £25 a month just for internet connection.:cry:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Luck devil I can only a max of 10 mps and that is wireless from Vfast anything that else has to come through a BT cable and because of the distance from the exchange and copper cable I can only get .3mps so I have to go with Vfast and pay £25 a month just for internet connection.:cry:

Everybody will be lucky withn the next year or so. With TV going digital there is a whole new scope opening up for broadband. Some parts of London are already running gigabit fiber optic

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Ok now I am very confused. Just had a BT engineer out to check if there are any faults causing the low speed I am getting.
He plugged his little gadget into the master socket and got a clear reading of 35mbps. Yet when we run speedtest.net and TalkTalk's own speed checker we were only getting speeds of 21 - 25 mbps.

Could this be a router/hub issue ?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
It could be, tried the usual rebooting the router and modem?

Tried a different speedtest server?

Could be that the DLM system has lowered your profile due to too many disconnects?

Out of interest, what is the modem you have? got any pics of the equipment? :)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
It could be, tried the usual rebooting the router and modem?done

Tried a different speedtest server?done

Could be that the DLM system has lowered your profile due to too many disconnects?JUst spoke with TT people and they say the issue is clearly with the BTOR modem and BTOR engineer should have tried another modem this morning

Out of interest, what is the modem you have? got any pics of the equipment? :)

Pics as asked, yes floor needs cleaning, I know :D

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 2,654
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 1,686

Ask a Question