    what I'm looking for.

    Many thanks in advance for any hint.

    Eckhardt Newger

    Eckhardt Newger, Nov 30, 2004

  2. You want to send faxes over the Internet without hiring a provider? Not
    bloody likely.
    Outlook 2003 has a number of Internet Fax providers with which it can
    integrate, but you'll have to pay for it. Just go to File > New > Internet
    Fax to get a list of providers.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]

    Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook], Nov 30, 2004

  3. Hi Russ,

    thanks for your prompt reply.

    So there is no public SW available which does what those Internet fax
    providers do (e. g. taking an email and converting it into a modem
    call, and vice versa)? Sounds not too complicated, and wouldn't be
    those services much more expensive, if so?

    My alternative is to change the Winfax Pro installation to Fax Server
    Mode, i. e. connect the fax server to ISDN, the clients connect via LAN
    to the fax server.

    Two disadvantages:

    1. Additional cable connection fax server <--> ISDN adapter (I hate
    cables; in fact, my LAN is a Wireless LAN)
    2. The fax server must be on to send faxes from a client.

    Do you know if there is anything "in the pipeline" which will meet my
    request?

    Ciao

    Eckhardt Newger

    "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <> schrieb im
    Newsbeitrag news:%...

    Eckhardt Newger, Nov 30, 2004
  4. I know of no such products in the pipeline. Taking an email message,
    converting it to fax message then dialing the recipient(s) most of whom are
    long distance is not really such a small or inexpensive task, especially for
    broadcast faxing. I have serious doubts about WinFax Pro given Symantec's
    inability to keep their software functional with either Windows XP or
    Outlook. I do know that Microsoft continues to look at this area but seems
    to have a hard time figuring out whether to jump in with both feet or not. I
    did get a chance to look at Windows 2003 Server Fax very briefly. Nice
    product. I'll be anxious to see what Longhorn brings.

    Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook], Nov 30, 2004