    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

    http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan

    Ree, Jun 28, 2008

  2. Ree

    DJT Guest

    DJT, Jun 29, 2008

  3. Ree

    Madhur Patel Guest

    Yes , very rightly said so.

    Madhur Patel, Jul 8, 2008
  4. Ree

    bjr Guest

    Another DS who doesn't read the features before he buys the product.

    bjr, Jul 8, 2008
  5. Perhaps. But try finding this clearly spelled out in plain view of the
    product descriptions. It is very deftly hidden in very fine print. Most
    people assume that since all previous Windows versions offered fax in all
    versions, Vista would too, and there is no clear warning to the contrary.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]

    Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook], Jul 8, 2008
  6. Ree

    boom Guest

    Really Microsoft how hard can it be to include fax function in all vista
    version even you can't be that tight fisted

    boom

    boom, Jul 18, 2008
  7. Ree

    Ea Guest

    I'm angry too, I used the fax application frequently offered with XP, so when
    I bought a new computer with Vista Home Premium, I assumed most XP features
    would be migrated to Vista. And, I purposely purchased a new Vista
    compatible printer without the fax feature for that reason.

    You know, I love my Mac more and more.

    Ea, Sep 25, 2008
  8. Ree

    LindaB Guest

    I use my windows fax program every day on Windows XP, was thinking of
    changing to Vista Home Premium but not anymore. Microsoft how about you have
    a download for this fax service then perhaps I will purchase Vista Home Prem
    --
    Have a great day
    LindaB

    LindaB, Oct 6, 2008
  9. Ree

    SAREE Guest

    SAREE, Jan 10, 2009
  10. Ree

    Chuck Guest

    For several versions of windows, MS has indicated that they no longer
    desired to fully support, or upgrade the basic fax supplied with previous
    versions. Seems that it was going to be a major effort to cure all the
    problems, and do it in such away as to prevent its use by fax "spammers". In
    additon, it doesn't work really well on the Vista versions that do include
    faxing. A good third party fax program seems to be the answer, or, perhaps
    even better, a multifunction unit that can do faxing independent of the P/C.
    I just replaced a Brother multifunction 420CN unit with an Epson unit
    (faster printing).

    Chuck, Jan 18, 2009
  11. Ree

    shanna Guest

    I agree totally. Microsoft has NO idea what their customers want.
    Ability for fax should be there, period.
    I hate this firm.

    shanna, Mar 2, 2009
  12. Ree

    Donald Guest

    For months I have been dogging my PC Manufacturer and the makers of the three
    all-in-one (printer/scan/fax/copy) units I've gone through for their lack of
    interest in my inability to scan to a fax, e-mail or just a plain file
    document or picture. I see why so many of my friends (son & sister included)
    have gone Mac. I'm not sure I can continue to stand tall and support you
    much longer after taking away a function so basic to every computer user.

    Donald

    Donald, Jun 7, 2009
  13. Ree

    Dave Guest

    You're not supporting anyone here... we're all users like yourself.

    --
    Windows 7 RC
    http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

    Dave, Jun 7, 2009
  14. Ree

    DL Guest

    You've not supplied any info for anyone to help
    FWIW printer/scan/fax/copy works fine on both my winxp & Vista PC's

    DL, Jun 7, 2009
  15. Microsoft took nothing away from you. The only thing Microsoft did was
    remove its analog fax modem software from the less expensive versions of
    Vista. That's not even what you're using. Accordingly, your post has nothing
    at all to do with Vista or Microsoft. It has only to do with your third
    party AIO products.
    So stand tall. Read the manuals. Ask the manufacturers for support if you
    don't understand them. Your issue is 100% end user error.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]

    Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook], Jun 7, 2009
  16. No Russ you have it wrong. "Windows Fax and Scan" functionality is ONLY
    included in the Enterprise and Ultimate Editions. I worked for MSFt for
    nearly 10 years. They are monitizing functionality. The functionality is on
    the disc but unavailable unless you key in a PID that matches an Enterprise
    or Ultimate SKU. I have a fax server that works just fine on my XP and Vista
    Ultimate machine. On the laptop I am typing on now I have Vista Home Premium.
    When I try and use the fax server I get a prompt that fax client software is
    not installed and do I want to install it. If I click Yes it pops up and
    tells me some DLL is missing. The option to install the functionality is not
    available in this SKU. I have to install the Ultimate Edition on this machine
    before that functionality becomes available. I went through this on my other
    Vista machines that originally had Home Premium installed. Same error. Same
    issue. When I entered an Ultimate PID the suddenly the machine would find the
    missing DLL and install the functionality.

    This has nothing to do with 3rd party vendor fax products or software.

    Steve Smegner, Jul 2, 2009
  17. Wake up. AIO support has never had anything to do with the Windows Fax
    module. Everyone knows full well which Vista versions include fax support
    for standalone fax modems. No need to restate the obvious.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]

    Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook], Jul 2, 2009
  18. I am wide awake and know of what I speak.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/features/fax-scan.aspx is
    pretty clear. I stated I had a fax server and could not use it in Vista Home
    edition. It had nothing to do with fax modems analog or otherwise. Whenever I
    try to access the remote fax server (fax print function) from Vista Home I am
    directed to the Windows Fax and Scan function which is not available in Vista
    Home. Microsoft has decided that the average home user would not need the
    capability to scan or fax. Since Enterprise SKU is not available to consumers
    only the Ultimate Edition is available for the home user to fax and scan. And
    that requires paying much more than the average price for Vista Home.

    Steve Smegner, Jul 3, 2009
  19. Quite well known to everyone here and not the topic of this thread. Exactly
    what was your point? What did you think you were correcting?

    Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook], Jul 3, 2009
  20. This thread is about a complaint that Microsoft removed Windows Fax and Scan
    from Vista Home Premium. My post is spot on because it covers that topic.

    Your post of:
    Microsoft took nothing away from you. The only thing Microsoft did was
    remove its analog fax modem software from the less expensive versions of
    Vista. That's not even what you're using. Accordingly, your post has nothing
    at all to do with Vista or Microsoft. It has only to do with your third
    party AIO products.
    So stand tall. Read the manuals. Ask the manufacturers for support if you
    don't understand them. Your issue is 100% end user error.

    Is off topic because you claim that Microsoft took nothing away from you and
    pointed to some 3rd party vendor as the problem. Microsoft DID take away
    Windows fax and scan from the Vista Home sku's as compared to the XP Home
    sku's which is what the original poster was complaining about. Pointing the
    finger at the user for not reading the fine print or to 3rd party AOI
    products is misleading and false. Even if I install a fax modem (which I
    tried on my machine) Vista home SKu's will work just fine with the modem for
    connecting to the Internet. However it is missing the pieces allow faxing to
    work through that same modem unless you move to Ultimate or a business SKU.

    Don't chastise people for complaining that Microsoft removed functionality
    and make you pay a lot more bucks to get it when that is exactly what they
    did.

    Steve Smegner, Jul 3, 2009