Fax receiving with HP laptop & Win-XP

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 Fax' started by Al Jones, Jun 7, 2004.

  1. Al Jones

    Al Jones Guest

    Can I receive faxes with an HP laptop (Win-XP) in the standby mode?

    I presume it is impossible in the hibernate mode.

    Can I expect the hp to jump out of standby and process the fax?
    That is, is XP really running in its standby mode and watching the
    hardware?

    I just do not want to leave the display on all day waiting for the fax.

    If I lower the display lid, the display goes off. I do not know whether
    this is the true standby mode or just display off. Would it receive faxes
    then?

    Sorry if this group is only for Win-2000.

    Thanks,

    Al

    Al Jones, Jun 7, 2004

  2. In general No, but some Motherboards & Modems support wakeup on receiving
    ring.

    You can post XP fax related questions to
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax
    --
    Loganatr [MSFT]
    purposes only.'