Fax Mail Transport in Outlook 2007 doesn't work w/ Remote Desktop

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Fax' started by Jeremy B, Feb 16, 2010.

  1. Jeremy B

    Jeremy B Guest

    After installing The Remote Desktop Hosting Service role on Windows 2008 R2
    the Outlook 20007 Fax Mail Transport no longer works. I get an error message
    saying "The Microsoft Fax transport failed to deliver the message to the
    recipient. The message does not contain any content" whenever I try to fax
    something with an attachment.

    I can use the Windows Fax & Scanner Wizard and Fax Printer to send faxes but
    faxing through Outlook no longer works.. If I uninstall the RDHS role
    Outlook can fax again..

    Fax Mail Transport normally converts the attachment to a .tiff file by
    running a command in the printto key associated w/ the file extension and
    then directs it to the fax printer however with RDHS installed the
    application is never launched.. No data is sent to the fax printer, I suspect
    thats why I get "The message does not contain any content"

    To Replicate:
    Install RDHS on Windows 2008 R2
    Create email addressed to a Fax Contact
    Attach a document (.txt file for example)
    No Subject, No Body.. Hit Send.

    Thoughts? Could this be permissions or restrictions related? I'm logged in
    as the Administrator and tried "Run as Administrator" Same deal..

    Jeremy B, Feb 16, 2010

  2. Not an Outlook issue. Post in a group that supports your Server software.

    --
    Russ Valentine

    Russ Valentine, Feb 16, 2010

  3. To find the information you need to post, try sending this document from the
    Fax Console and note the error messages.

    --
    Russ Valentine

    Russ Valentine, Feb 16, 2010
  4. Jeremy B

    Jeremy B Guest

    Re: Fax Mail Transport in Outlook 2007 doesn't work w/ Remote Desk

    It works fine via the Faxing Wizard.. Funny thing is the people in the Remote
    Desktop Services forum said its an issue w/ Outlook post here..

    Jeremy B, Feb 17, 2010
  5. Re: Fax Mail Transport in Outlook 2007 doesn't work w/ Remote Desk

    What file type is this and how are you sending it?

    --
    Russ Valentine

    Russ Valentine, Feb 17, 2010
  6. Re: Fax Mail Transport in Outlook 2007 doesn't work w/ Remote Desk

    If uninstalling RDHS fixes the issue, it's hard to say it's an Outlook
    issue.
    --
    Russ Valentine

    Russ Valentine, Feb 17, 2010