Fax Console

Discussion in 'Windows XP Basics' started by Babel17, Jun 5, 2004.

  1. Babel17

    Babel17 Guest

    I am having a problem with Microsoft Fax Console version 5.1.

    Previous to this problem, when I sent a fax, the Fax Monitor would open and
    show the progress of the send. When the fax completed, a word balloon would
    appear on the System Tray stating that the send was successful.

    A few days ago, Fax Monitor stopped appearing when I send a fax. I could
    open it manually with the Fax Console 'Tools' drop-down menu, but even when
    I did, the Fax Monitor would be blank, and show no progress.

    The Fax Console still works and sends faxes successfully, but no Fax Monitor
    and no System Tray word balloon.

    How can I restore the Fax Monitor to proper function ? (I don't really care
    about the word balloon).

    I opened Control Panel > Printers and Faxes > Fax > Properties > Tracking.
    Under 'Automatically open Fax Monitor when a fax is being':
    sent
    received
    both are checked.
    However, the icon at the top of Fax Properties has a white exclamation point
    in a red circle.

    Does anyone know how to fix this ?

    As a second question, does anyone know why Zone Alarm asks me if I want to
    let fax console access the internet ? As I understand it, these faxes are
    going over my phone modem, not my internet cable. I have always checked
    Deny on Zone Alarm, and it has not interfered with my sending faxes either
    before this problem appeared, or after.

    Babel17, Jun 5, 2004

  2. Babel17

    Will Denny Guest

    Hi

    You may like to direct your question here:

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Will Denny, Jun 5, 2004

  3. Babel17

    Babel17 Guest

    Thanks. I will.

    Babel17, Jun 5, 2004
  4. Babel17

    John A Guest

    Two fax processes ask for access in Zone Alarm. In order for fax to
    work properly you need to allow access in ZA

    John Allen

    John A, Jun 5, 2004
  5. Babel17

    Babel17 Guest

    I just send a fax. Zone Alarm asked me once for permission, for "Fax
    Service". "Microsoft Fax Console", which is also listed in Zone Alarm, did
    NOT ask. I allowed access for "Fax Service". The fax transmitted, but "Fax
    Monitor" did NOT appear.

    Babel17, Jun 5, 2004