    made to the Registry?

    Thanks.

    Bill R

    Bill R, Jan 2, 2010

  2. Bill R

    DL Guest

    But for what reason?

    DL, Jan 2, 2010

  3. Bill R

    Bill R Guest

    I like all MY files in a particular folder not all over the place in their
    respective default location.

    Bill R

    Bill R, Jan 2, 2010
  4. Bill R

    DL Guest

    maybe this helps
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_shell_folders.htm

    DL, Jan 2, 2010
  5. Bill R

    Tim Meddick Guest

    Which ever way you choose to accomplish this, changing the location of your
    "Favourites" folder *requires* that a registry setting IS changed!!

    If you do it (the simplest way) by using a settings "Tweak" program such as
    Microsoft's TweakUI.exe for XP it's still going to make changes to the registry.

    If all you want is to avoid actually editing the registry yourself, then this sort of
    program is what you want.

    It [TweakUI.exe] is a very simple to use and small application that is available free
    for download from the link below :

    http://download.microsoft.com/downl...a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

    After downloading, double click on this [.exe] setup file to install.

    You can then start TweakUI.exe by typing the same into the "Run" box.

    Or, make a shortcut to the TweakUI.exe file in the system32 directory.

    Once you have started TweakUI, navigate to the : "My Computer" > "Special Folders"
    item and choose "Favourites" from the "drop-down" list.

    Then click on the "Change Location" button and browse for your new Faves folder.

    It helps to have the new "Favourites" folder in place before you browse and change
    location to it.

    Then close TweakUI and logoff / logon to initiate the change

    ==

    Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :)

    Tim Meddick, Jan 3, 2010