Faster Broadband Roll-out

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
As some of you will know, BT is gradually updating its Exchanges to 21CN Technology. The Exchange we are on will apparently make the switch by the 19th of this month - others have already got it, a few have to wait a bit longe.

Anyhoo, if anyone is interested to see behind the scenes, there is an interesting article here If you want to watch the video, click on the pink link at the bottom of the page, which says: "Guide to the 21CN transformation programme" <--- ooh, or click that, I didn't think it would come up as a link :p

:user:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Thank you for the interesting links Ian. They put a slightly different complexion on things (for my level of understanding, that is :) )
Sooo, it's not really providing "faster" broadband, as such.:confused: The reason I thought it was, is because there has been a lot of chat on my ISP's Forum, about their new "24 Mb" service, which will become available to customers who are on BT's 21CN enabled Exchanges... if you see what I mean? :)

Our local Exchange switches on the 19th of this month. I don't think we shall be switching from our current 8 Mb plan though, as it is really pretty good.

Ask a Question