Far cry with a 9800 Pro, and The 9800 with a Viewsonic PF-790 questions....

Discussion in 'ATI Video Cards' started by Newf !!!, Jun 23, 2004.

  1. Newf !!!

    Newf !!! Guest

    1. Anyone out there with a P4-3.0 gig, and a 9800 pro 128 meg
    version, say 512 ram etc, able to play far cry in 1280x1024 with all
    settings on at a decent frame rate?

    CAn you post the frame rate from say a benchmark like benchemall so I
    can compare to mine?

    www.benchemall.com

    2. I have a PF-790 Veiwsonic 19" monitor. It uses a Diamondtron (
    Sony/mitsu) Tube. Any Ghosting issues with this card and monitor
    combination? I ask because some old ati's did have an issue with Sony
    tube's.

    TIA

    Newf !!!, Jun 23, 2004

  2. Newf !!!

    melodium Guest

    "Newf !!!" <> wrote in message
    > 1. Anyone out there with a P4-3.0 gig, and a 9800 pro 128 meg
    > version, say 512 ram etc, able to play far cry in 1280x1024 with all
    > settings on at a decent frame rate?

    have a p4 2.8 - same card - frame rate is decent, but really started
    to shine when added another 512 - everything on high - but 1280x960

    with 512, there were constant pauses -
    with 1024 pauses are gone - some really dense jungle levels tho
    it seems to be sluggish, not jerky - but only some levels

    melodium, Jun 23, 2004