"False negatives"

xxBMR2MWCxx

This virus that comes in on Trojans-"Sality" and through the firewall. How
do you now for CERTAIN that you have cleared infection and are not harboring
viral participles that have gone undetected?

I hear so much about everyone running spyware over and over again..at what
point do you know for certain that you cleared the particles and stop
worrying about so called "false negatives'?

I am not bashing Micro I realy have been trying to understand this for days
now but nobody replies. Am I asking all wrong?

Bill Sanderson

If you need complete certainty that a machine is clean, reformat the drive
and reinstall all the software from scratch.

That is the industry standard.

If a lesser standard (but preserving your installed software!) seems
reasonable to you, my own practice is to do complete scans with two
different competing antivirus products.