    I have tried all the suggestions in the various posts here, including the
    verification and diagnostic posts. I am all out of ideas after spending
    several hours on this. Hope some one can staighten me out...

    sunnyvet, Dec 14, 2007

  2. sunnyvet

    sunnyvet Guest

    Weird writing this to myself but all is well. Services said the app was off
    but a scan had run last night. I tried starting it and it failed. Restarting
    and everything appears working properly. Go figure...

    sunnyvet, Dec 14, 2007

  3. sunnyvet

    James Rumann Guest

    I am having the same problems the service keeps stopping and this is a
    completely new download from microsoft and I am running XP Home SP2. The
    error cod is 0x800106ba A problem has caused this service to stop. Any help
    would be a appreciated.

    James Rumann, Dec 18, 2007
  4. sunnyvet

    sunnyvet Guest

    My problem was corrected by going to the Control Panel, then Administrative
    Tools, then services. Find windows Defender, Stop it, then do a restart.

    You could also search Windows support or Google for that error code. I
    didn't have that code number but seem to remember something similar in my
    journeys.

    Good Luck!

    sunnyvet, Dec 18, 2007
  5. sunnyvet

    James Rumann Guest

    That didn't work.

    James Rumann, Dec 19, 2007
  6. sunnyvet

    Engel Guest

    Hello James,

    Take a look here:

    Error message when you run Windows Defender: "Error Code 0x800106ba
    <http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=931849>

    It might answer your question

    hope this post is helpful.

    Let us know how it works ºut.
    - -- ---

    WRITERS
    We do not write as we want to but as we can. -----Somerset Maugham

    Engel, Dec 19, 2007
  7. sunnyvet

    James Rumann Guest

    That didn't work either.

    James Rumann, Dec 23, 2007
  8. sunnyvet

    Engel Guest

    Hi James,

    You can repair Windows Defender.

    First exit WD, Open WD main page, click the down arrow to the right of the
    white question mark in blue circle and then click Exit Windows Defender;

    using Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.

    Click WD and click Change. Click Next, and then click Updªte.

    Reboºt

    If you still have the same message, try this:

    First exit WD, Open WD main page, click the down arrow to the right of the
    white question mark in blue circle and then click Exit Windows Defender;

    using Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.

    Click WD and click Support Information and click Repªir.

    Rebºot.

    Let us know how it works ºut
    - -- ---

    FATE
    The inevitable is the great tragedian, never the humorist.

    Engel, Dec 23, 2007