Facebook: Did I Just Get Phished?

(PeteCresswell)

Got this email:
To: Peter F Cresswell <[email protected]>
Subject: Peter, you have 1 friend request
From: "Facebook" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 16:22:15 -0700

View Notifications
http://www.facebook.com/n/?find-fri...g5mqBFPmDke&[email protected]&lloc=cta

Go to Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/n/?home.php...BFPmDke&[email protected]&lloc=2nd_cta

Hi Peter,

You have new notifications.

A lot has happened on Facebook since you last logged in. Here are
some notifications you've missed from your friends.

1 friend request

Thanks,
The Facebook Team

Facebook, Inc. Attention: Department 415 P.O Box 10005 Palo Alto
CA 94303

It all looks plausible at first glance except:

- My middle initial is not "F".

- The "Confirm" email address is not the one I use on FaceBook.
It's my main "junk" address that I supply to strangers.

When I paste either link into FireFox (which has not remembered
any of my PWs) I get a login page asking for the PW to go with
the "Confirm" addr.

My real facebook account (whose name is nothing like "Peter F
Cresswell") looks normal to me....

So... did I just get Phished?

David H. Lipman

Got this email:

--

We would have to view the Full Headers (of course obfuscated for your privacy).

(PeteCresswell)

Per David H. Lipman:
We would have to view the Full Headers (of course obfuscated for your privacy).

Now that Confirm at fatbelly fullstop com is out of the bag,
should I care? I'll post them if there's no further downside.

Top