extendedPDF 1.2 - An OpenOffice.org macro

Discussion in 'Freeware' started by Gordon Darling, Dec 2, 2004.

  1. extendedPDF 1.2 - An OpenOffice.org macro that produces
    PDF files with extended features.

    About:
    extendedPDF is an OpenOffice.org macro that converts an OpenOffice document
    into a PDF document. The output includes the original document's headings
    as PDF bookmarks, and includes the original hyperlinks as PDF hyperlinks.
    Document meta-information (such as title, author, and keywords) is also
    added.

    Changes:
    The user now has full control over the color of hyperlink boxes. Links to
    files work better. All document types are converted via Ghostscript for
    improved PDF quality.

    Release focus: Minor feature enhancements
    License: GNU General Public License (GPL)
    Project URL: http://freshmeat.net/projects/extendedpdf/

    Homepage:
    http://www.jdisoftware.co.uk/pages/epdf-home.php

    Regards
    Gordon

    Gordon Darling, Dec 2, 2004

  2. "Gordon Darling" <> wrote in message
    > extendedPDF 1.2 - An OpenOffice.org macro that produces
    > PDF files with extended features.
    >
    > About:
    > extendedPDF is an OpenOffice.org macro that converts an OpenOffice
    > document
    > into a PDF document. The output includes the original document's headings
    > as PDF bookmarks, and includes the original hyperlinks as PDF hyperlinks.
    > Document meta-information (such as title, author, and keywords) is also
    > added.
    >
    > Changes:
    > The user now has full control over the color of hyperlink boxes. Links to
    > files work better. All document types are converted via Ghostscript for
    > improved PDF quality.
    >
    > Release focus: Minor feature enhancements
    > License: GNU General Public License (GPL)
    > Project URL: http://freshmeat.net/projects/extendedpdf/
    >
    > Homepage:
    > http://www.jdisoftware.co.uk/pages/epdf-home.php
    >
    > Regards
    > Gordon

    That is a BEAR to install - I tried over the weekend. I never did figure out
    how to get it to work.

    Karen
    http://scootgirl.com/

    scootgirl.com, Dec 2, 2004

  3. On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 14:04:56 -0800, scootgirl.com wrote:

    > "Gordon Darling" <> wrote in message
    >> extendedPDF 1.2 - An OpenOffice.org macro that produces
    >> PDF files with extended features.
    >>
    >> About:
    >> extendedPDF is an OpenOffice.org macro that converts an OpenOffice
    >> document
    >> into a PDF document. The output includes the original document's headings
    >> as PDF bookmarks, and includes the original hyperlinks as PDF hyperlinks.
    >> Document meta-information (such as title, author, and keywords) is also
    >> added.

    <snip>

    > That is a BEAR to install - I tried over the weekend. I never did figure out
    > how to get it to work.

    I've had problems with the last two releases as well Karen. However, that
    may be more to do with the fact that I've managed to totally screw up my
    OpenOffice install (on Mandrake Linux 10.1) than anything to do with
    extendedPDF 1.2. I'm going to do an clean install of the latest
    OpenOffice (OpenOffice.org 1.1.4rc) on this Mandrake machine and on a
    Win2K machine and then install extendedPDF 1.2 over the weekend. I will
    report in due course unless the machines get thrown out of the window in
    frustration!

    Regards
    Gordon

    Gordon Darling, Dec 2, 2004
  4. On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 23:41:21 +0000, Gordon Darling wrote:

    > On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 14:04:56 -0800, scootgirl.com wrote:
    >
    >> [quoted text muted]

    > <snip>
    >
    >> [quoted text muted]

    > I've had problems with the last two releases as well Karen. However, that
    > may be more to do with the fact that I've managed to totally screw up my
    > OpenOffice install (on Mandrake Linux 10.1) than anything to do with
    > extendedPDF 1.2. I'm going to do an clean install of the latest
    > OpenOffice (OpenOffice.org 1.1.4rc) on this Mandrake machine and on a
    > Win2K machine and then install extendedPDF 1.2 over the weekend. I will
    > report in due course unless the machines get thrown out of the window in
    > frustration!

    Still no further along. Clean install of OpenOffice.org 1.1.4rc &
    extendedPDF 1.2 on a Win2K machine falls over with

    "Error 91 occurred
    Object variable not set
    (at line: 841)"

    Clean install of OpenOffice.org 1.1.4rc &
    extendedPDF 1.2 on a Mandrake 10.1 machine just doesn't work.

    Most annoying. I think I'll give up on this for the moment and see if
    later versions are any better.

    Regards
    Gordon

    Gordon Darling, Dec 7, 2004
  5. "Gordon Darling" <> wrote in message
    [snip]
    > Most annoying. I think I'll give up on this for the moment and see if
    > later versions are any better.
    >
    > Regards
    > Gordon

    I think that "free" version is just a scam to get you to buy their
    commercial version with easy install.

    I'm no comp. n00b, and you don't sound like one either.

    Karen
    http://scootgirl.com/

    scootgirl.com, Dec 7, 2004
  6. On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 14:24:18 -0800, scootgirl.com wrote:

    > "Gordon Darling" <> wrote in message
    > [snip]
    >> Most annoying. I think I'll give up on this for the moment and see if
    >> later versions are any better.

    > I think that "free" version is just a scam to get you to buy their
    > commercial version with easy install.
    >
    > I'm no comp. n00b, and you don't sound like one either.

    To be fair the earlier versions worked OK. It seems that the split to
    trying to maintain two feature sets is causing the author problems.

    Regards
    Gordon

    Gordon Darling, Dec 8, 2004