Expired original software

Marge Heilman

When I bought my new HP Pavilion Pentium 4 it included
Microsoft XP Home edition. I missed the renewal date and
now cannot utilizie the software as the subscription has
recently expired. How can I get a copy to reinstall it?
When the computer was purchased it Did Not come with a
CD install disk. What can I do to retreive the XP
software?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

The Windows XP Home Edition "operating system" does not "expire".
I think you are referring to a "trial version" of "Office XP". In order
to continue to use "Office XP", you'll have to purchase a "Full Version"
of Office XP or the newer version, "Office 2003" and install it.

HOW TO: Upgrade a Trial Version of Office XP to a Non-Trial Version of Office XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;295547&Product=offxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

| recently expired. How can I get a copy to reinstall it?
| When the computer was purchased it Did Not come with a
| CD install disk. What can I do to retreive the XP
| software?

Will Denny

Hi

What do you mean by the 'renewal' date - activation?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User