Windows Vista .exe is not executing after virus scan

Reaction score
Hi

My computer is Vista Business based laptop. I suddenly got pop-up windows "Vista Anitvirus Pro" detected 31 critical issues... Down load Vista Antivirus now....

I checked the internet and came to know it is a malicious software and so ran my McAfee AntiVirus s/w for a full scan. It detected one and fixed on issue. After that this popup did not appreacutr but, any program short like outlook, or word or any .exe file (including cmd command from run) it popup "Open with" window and asks me to choose a program to open this application (that is cmd.exe or outlook.exe) with. I tried to repair with system restore and I found there is no system restore point (!). Can anyone show give me some hint on what could cause this error?. I cannot run any program - msoffice, or browser or anything.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
HA. I found the answer in this port ".exe files not recognized" - Great and thanks a lot.

Ask a Question