Excel VBA to Newer Excel Version

Reaction score
I created an application using VBA code in Microsoft Excel, tons of code and interactive, and have been using the application for years.

Not being very keen on updating to completely new versions of software, and never have had the need to, I am still using Excel 2003:(. Time may be catching up and I am thinking about finally switching over to 2007 or later.

Question: If I make the switch, will the VBA code I wrote for Excel 2003 work/function the same in later versions of Excel, i.e. 2007 or even 2013?

Thanks for the help:bow:,
Smithb2

Reaction score
Hey smithb2,

It would be nice if you avoided posting your issue to more than one area of the forum

To answer your question I have copied the answer you got on the other post (General Software) which is not from me but from another user:

"hi
i think it should, as far as my experience, any old version will work in newer one,,,

why won't you try it as test first,,
get a copy of some example, and then go to a lap or something with 2007 office, and give it a try,
but definitely its time for you to switch"

Sifou

Reaction score
An update..........I am now using office 2013 and it opened and functioned fine. When I saved the file in the updated Excel format, I was notified the two of the variables used in the VBA code were changed due to a conflict with system.

Other than that it is working just as well as ever.

Ask a Question