Excel VB Script Required to Insert PDF objects, Merge Cells and Format

Reaction score
hello everyone,

I am a complete noob when it comes to Microsoft Excel and wanted help to perform the following function:

Step 1:

the preliminary data looks something like the file attached in the thread "Group.pdf" :

Step 2:

the output file looks something like the file attached in the thread "Group2.pdf"

The basic requirements for creating the output is:

1. Minimum height of alternate cells of Column D must be 75 (100 pixels)

2. If a group has more than 1 and less than 6 data entries (data 1, data 2 etc.), the corresponding cells of Column B and Column D should be merged and centered and also the row height must be split evenly to make the total as approx 75 (100 pixels) for a group. eg. in case of 2 data objects, row height for Row 4 and 5 are 37.5 each, for 4 objs, it is 18.75 each.

3. The PDFs have to be inserted from a hard disk location without any user itervention. The PDFs will be stored as "PDF1.pdf", "PDF2.pdf" and so on for each corresponding group.

4. By default when we insert a pdf, it gets inserted in the top left corner of that particular cell. In this case the PDF should be in the center like how the text "Group1" etc. are placed.

Any help regarding this above problem would mean the world to me....

even if there are partial solutions to solve some of these steps, please let me know...

thanks to all in advance...

Attachments

• Group.pdf
    6.4 KB · Views: 311
  • Group2.pdf
    20 KB · Views: 263

Ask a Question