    resides?

    Thanks for your time and answer!

    Frederik

    Frederik, Mar 28, 2007

  2. Excel doesn't do this.

    Are you sure it's not your antivirus software.

    Excel will store some temporary files in your windows temp folder--and it'll
    create a temporary workbook when it saves, but if that save is successful, then
    that workbook will disappear.

    MSWord does create a temporary file in that same folder. It'll start with a
    tilde ~ (IIRC).

    --

    Dave Peterson

    Dave Peterson, Mar 28, 2007

  3. Frederik

    Frederik Guest

    Thanks for you answer Dave,

    > it'll create a temporary workbook when it saves

    Can I change this file location? The Excel files are on a NAS device.
    This NAS device communicates with an Antivirus Server. We do not want
    these temporary files to be sent to the AV server and so it would be
    better if the temporary files would be saved on the local machine
    instead of on the NAS device.

    Kind regards,
    Frederik

    Frederik, Mar 29, 2007
  4. I don't know a way to change this behavior.

    The only work-around that I can think of is to copy the workbook to a different
    location, work on it there, and when done, copy it back to its real home.

    --

    Dave Peterson

    Dave Peterson, Mar 29, 2007
  5. Frederik

    jaf Guest

    Hi Frederik,
    Sorry. Its hard coded. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/150368 for Excel.
    And this one on Word has a longer explaination
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211632 Click the "where and when..." link.

    --
    John
    johnf202 at hot mail dot com