    I am working with compound documents and I am not sure if an external excel
    spreadsheet linked into a word document can be a compound document. Why or
    why not? Please explain because I am so lost.

    Guest, Jun 25, 2007

    Given the defintion below, I (no expert!) would say yes.

    In computing, a compound document is a document type typically produced
    using word processing software, and is a regular text document intermingled
    with e.g. spreadsheets, pictures, digital videos, digital audio, and other
    multimedia features. It can also be used to collect several documents into
    one.

    Guest, Jun 25, 2007

    msval

    Joined: