    Luis Miguel Guest

    Can somebody confirm that Excel has a limit of 50.000 records? (Excel 2000
    or Excel 2003)

    Luis Miguel, Nov 20, 2003

  2. Luis Miguel

    Harald Staff Guest

    If you by record mean row, the limit is exactly 65536.

    --
    HTH. Best wishes Harald
    Followup to newsgroup only please.

    Harald Staff, Nov 20, 2003

  3. Hi Luis,

    Expect you mean 65,536 rows, which is the maximum rows that have
    ever been in Excel and is true for in Excel 2000 and Excel 2003
    which you asked about. (I see Harald beat me, what I lack in quality
    I'll try to make up for in quantity).

    You can read about Specific Limits in the Excel Help.
    HELP (F1), index (tab), specification
    ---
    HTH,

    David McRitchie, Nov 20, 2003
  4. The quality could have been improved if I spelled words correctly the
    first time instead of accepting the offerings of the spell checker.
    I meant "Specification Limits" rather than "specific limits".

    David McRitchie, Nov 20, 2003
  5. Luis Miguel

    Luis Miguel Guest

    Thanks. Is there any way to pass this limit?

    Luis Miguel, Nov 21, 2003
  6. Luis Miguel

    Harald Staff Guest

    "Luis Miguel" <> skrev i melding
    > Thanks. Is there any way to pass this limit?

    No.
    No as in "not with Excel". You might try Quattro Pro, a Database program or
    a plain oldfashioned text file instead.

    Best wishes Harald

    Harald Staff, Nov 21, 2003