Excel Excel problem

Reaction score
I have been using excel to do my personal budget for some time. Now all of the sudden II have done something that has caused me not to be able to edit any of the data in the cells. When I click on a cell to change it, it is frozen. None of the cells can be edited. Any help?

Reaction score
Hi Steve!

I just wanted to ask a few questions that may get us pointed in the right direction. What version of Excel are you working with, do you know? In the bottom left hand corner of the screen, you should see a Status like Ready, Edit, Enter, something along those lines. What does it say there? Are you able to select cells, and just not edit them? Let me know and I'll see if I can come up with the problem.

Reaction score
Sounds like you may have accidentally hit "Protect Workbook."
kSgCpZW.png

Reaction score
I have seen that problem as well, you can move the mouse though but can't select a cell. It is hard to replicated the problem, but when it happens there is no choice but to close XL and open it again.

Ask a Question