Excel Excel Order Form to Website

Reaction score
I am trying to put a simple order form on my website. I have the table with item name, price, quantity field set up in Excel but I am having problems making it functional in Frontpage. I can save the Excel file as an HTML but people who don't have Excel can only view and not interact with the table. The only other way it seems is to manually put each line into the form (but there are a lot of items). Is there a way to use Access and then couple it with Frontpage?
Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
salenbailey said:
I am trying to put a simple order form on my website. I have the table with item name, price, quantity field set up in Excel but I am having problems making it functional in Frontpage. I can save the Excel file as an HTML but people who don't have Excel can only view and not interact with the table. The only other way it seems is to manually put each line into the form (but there are a lot of items). Is there a way to use Access and then couple it with Frontpage?

Hi and welcome to the forum...
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

Why not just use a simple HTML form ?
YOu already know that using Excel not everybody is going to be able to use your form. And as for the Access bit. I would say no. You can download many simple HTML forms from the net which are customisable..

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Could you recommend a site for the html forms? I have looked for several but they don't seem to be what I need. I have attempted to make the form in FrontPage but I keep getting errors and it won't send the info to my email.
Thanks,
Shawn

Reaction score
salenbailey said:
Thanks for the reply. Could you recommend a site for the html forms? I have looked for several but they don't seem to be what I need. I have attempted to make the form in FrontPage but I keep getting errors and it won't send the info to my email.

Shawn

There are a million and one sites to choose from. Not knowing exactly what you want to do with the form makes it a bit harder to recomend a site.
As for using FrontPage, might be time to upgrade to a better web design tool.Frontpage is a bit out dated. What sort of things do you need in your form, if you guive me a basic run down, I might just put together a small form for you that you can customise to suite.

Reaction score
Here is an example of part of what I have in excel....
Quantity Item Cost Line Total Apples-3# Braeburn, Bag 4.00 0.00 Apples-3# Fuji, Bag 4.00 0.00 Apples-3# Gala, Bag 4.00 0.00 Apples-3# Golden, Bag 4.00 0.00 Apples-3# McIntosh, Bag 4.55 0.00 Apples-Ambrosia, Each 1.17 0.00 Apples-Braeburn, Each 0.94 0.00 Apples-Cameo, Each 0.77 0.00 Apples-Fuji, Each 0.94 0.00 Apples-Fuji, 4 Ct 3.25 0.00 Apples-Gala, Each 0.94 0.00 Apples-Gala, 4 Ct 3.25 0.00 Apples-Gingergold,Each 0.77 0.00 Apples-Golden, Each 0.77 0.00 Apples-Granny Smith, Each 0.94 0.00 Apples-Granny Smith, 4 Ct 5.41 0.00 Apples-Honeycrisp, Each 1.22 0.00 Apples-Jonagold, Each 0.77 0.00 Apples-McIntosh, Each 0.65 0.00 Apples-Mutsu, Each 0.86 0.00 Apples-Red Delicious, Each 0.79 0.00 Apples-Variety Pack 4 Ct 3.25 0.00 Avacado Green, Each 1.57 0.00 Avocado Turn, Each 1.57 0.00 Avocado 1lb 4.55 0.00 I need people to be able to put in a quantity and have a line total and at the bottom have a grand total. I know how to do this with excel. I need the persons name, phone number, and email. I also need to be able to send the form to my email to process the order.
I greatly appreciate your help.
Shawn

Ask a Question