    --

    Regards
    Michael Koerner

    Michael Koerner, Sep 14, 2003

  2. I think I may have stumbled on the answer. I renamed the .xlb file I found in my ApplicationsData\Microsoft\Excel Folder and everything now seems to work. Now, if I could only remember how to start excel without opening a blank workbook.

    --

    Regards
    Michael Koerner

    "Michael Koerner" <> wrote in message news:...
    For some unknown reason I cannot get Excel to run in normal mode. When I try the Excel Logo comes up and after that nothing happens, I cannot even get Ctrl + Alt + Del to work, I have to push the reset button on my machine. I'm running Win98 SE (all patches) Office 2002 (all patches) I have run Detect and Repair no change. I have uninstalled and reinstalled no change. When I start up in the Safe Mode, a window pops up telling me that "Excel has detected that you have recovered files. these files will be opened the next time you start Excel in normal mode." When I click on Help and About, and go to disabled items, there are none. Any thought or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    --

    Regards
    Michael Koerner

    Michael Koerner, Sep 14, 2003

  3. Hi Michael:

    Something like (depending on your Excel version and location):

    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\EXCEL.EXE" /e

    Regards,

    Vasant.

    Vasant Nanavati, Sep 14, 2003
  4. Add this to the end of your shortcut that starts excel: /e (spacebar-slash-e)

    mine would look like:

    C:\msoffice\Office10\EXCEL.EXE /e
    or
    "C:\msoffice\Office10\EXCEL.EXE" /e
    (if the path had spaces)

    --

    Dave Peterson

    Dave Peterson, Sep 14, 2003
  5. Hi Michael Koerner,

    On Windows folder try one or two of this:
    - Look for Excel10.xlb file and remove or delete it;
    - Look for XLSTART folder and remove all files on it.

    HTH

    ---
    Orlando Magalhães Filho

    (So that you get best and rapid solution and all may benefit from the
    discussion, please reply within the newsgroup, not in email)

    Orlando Magalhães Filho, Sep 14, 2003
  6. Dave,Vasant, thanks got it now.

    --

    Regards