Excel Excel help please

Reaction score
Hi there,
I have been battling excel for about 3 months trying to formulate my inventory from work. It is not adding up right and I have no idea how to fix it. This is what I am trying to do. I take retail inventory on a weekly basis. I enter those numbers and am trying to get those numbers to subtract correctly from the previous week and so on, I also have to add new purchases to those numbers and that is where I run into my main issues it no longer gives me the right number of inventory used. For example
in july there were 4 weeks in the month these are the numbers of shirts i had throughout that month 19 18 17 12 my total number of shirts missing should technically be 7 but once i add the 12 new shirts purchased my difference shows as 19 I copied what it looks like
WK 1:19 WK 2:18 WK 3:17 WK 4:12 PURCHASED:12 DIFFERENCE:19
This is the formula I am using
=SUM(H6-I6)+(I6-J6)+(J6-K6)+(L6)
Please help as this is part of my job and I just can not figure out how to get the right formula. My inventory consists of 1000's of dollars in merchandise which needs to be accounted for accurately. Thank you for any help that anybody may have.

Reaction score
I'm not sure I completely understand the issue but I will try. If you're looking for the 'Sale' quantity it would be H6-K6 i.e. WK1 - WK4. That would give you 7. The On-Hand Quantity would be that plus your Purchases -> H6-K6+L6=19.

If I've totally missed the point of your question, I apologize. Hope it helps.

Ronald

Ask a Question