Excel Desktop Icons: Changing Possible ?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel New Users' started by Bob, Jun 25, 2010.

  1. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Hello,

    Using Excel 2007 and Windows 7

    Have a pretty fair number of spreadsheets, and their icons, on my
    desktop by now.

    A few of them are most important, and used often.

    Not too important, but was wondering if there is any easy way
    to make their icons "distinctive" ?

    e.g., rather than the default MS Excel icon, having it come up in a
    different unique color perhaps ?

    Or, a different icon alltogether ?

    Or, ?

    Thanks,
    Bob

    Bob, Jun 25, 2010

  2. Re: Excel Desktop Icons: Changing Possible ?

    On Jun 25, 8:56 pm, Bob <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Using Excel 2007 and Windows 7
    >
    > Have a pretty fair number of spreadsheets, and their icons, on my
    > desktop by now.
    >
    > A few of them are most important, and used often.
    >
    > Not too important, but was wondering if there is any easy way
    > to make their icons "distinctive" ?
    >
    > e.g., rather than the default MS Excel icon, having it come up in a
    > different unique color perhaps ?
    >
    > Or, a different icon alltogether ?
    >
    > Or, ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    Right click on the icon / Properties / Shortcut tab / Change
    icon . . .

    Select one of your choice and hit OK.

    trip_to_tokyo, Jun 26, 2010

  3. Bob

    Bob Guest

    From OP: Re: Excel Desktop Icons: Changing Possible ?

    Hi,

    Thank you.
    Just what I was looking for.

    BTW: any other (free) icon files available besides these that are
    packaged with Windows 7 ?

    Thanks again,
    Bob
    --------------------------

    Bob, Jun 26, 2010
  4. Bob

    ken Guest

    Re: From OP: Re: Excel Desktop Icons: Changing Possible ?

    Bob wrote:

    > BTW: any other (free) icon files available besides these that are
    > packaged with Windows 7 ?

    Dunno if Windows 7 icons are specific to that version, but earlier
    versions had squillions of icons available via a google search. I'd
    hazard a guess that google will be your friend in this instance too :)

    See ya
    Ken

    ken, Jun 30, 2010
  5. Bob

    wejsmith

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2014
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    This only works if the icon you want to change is a shortcut. If it is a file icon, you can't change it this way.

    wejsmith, Mar 30, 2014
  6. Bob

    dariusd7

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2015
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanks for clearing that up.. This is a good piece of information..Thanks everyone.

    dariusd7, Jan 26, 2015