    If I need to quickly change an entire column (800 rows) of negative numbers
    to positive numbers, what is the easiest way. I tried the paste special
    multiply by -1, but it didn't work, I'm probably doing it wrong.

    Nita, Nov 27, 2007

  2. Nita

    JMB Guest

    If your data is in A1:A10 and -1 is in B1, then copy B1, select A1:A10 and
    click edit/paste special/multiply.

    JMB, Nov 27, 2007

  3. Nita

    Gord Dibben Guest

    If the copy and paste special>multiply did not work, perhaps your numbers are
    not "numbers" but text.

    In an adjacent colukmn enter =ISNUMBER(cellref) and copy down a few rows.

    Do you get TRUE or FALSE?

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    Gord Dibben, Nov 27, 2007
  4. Nita

    JMB Guest

    I tried the copy/paste special on text values already, but the copy/paste
    special worked for me. Even when the text values were the result of formula,
    excel added *-1 to the end thereby coercing the text values to numeric.

    JMB, Nov 27, 2007