    It's painfull especially when I try to do this in a macro. I can't be saving
    between each column insertion !!!

    Excel 2002 (10.6501.6626) SP3

    Guest, Mar 17, 2005

    Jason Morin Guest

    The Microsoft KB offers a solution here:

    Error message: To prevent possible loss of data,
    Microsoft Excel cannot shift nonblank cells off the
    worksheet

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

    get the error that
    >says that Excel cannot shift nonblank cell off the

    worksheet. But there are
    >tons of empty cells to the rigth of my data starting at

    column BC....

    >If I save my worksheet I can insert one, two, three

    columns before I get the
    >same error again. I save again and I can insert one or

    two more....

    Jason Morin, Mar 17, 2005

    Gord Dibben Guest

    Have a read at this KB article for a possible solution.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;211769

    BTW. Are you sure the columns are actually blank?

    Select all columns to the right of BC and Edit>Delete(note....delete, not
    clear contents).

    Save and close to reset the used range.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

    On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 13:01:02 -0800, "Mr. Maz." <Mr.

    Gord Dibben, Mar 17, 2005