    or 2? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
    --
    Thankyou RM

    rm, Jan 19, 2009

  2. rm

    Ron de Bruin Guest

    Hi

    One row

    For Example in A1 and B1 the Column Name and in
    A2 and B2 the criteria and the dates.

    Use the US date format

    --

    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

    Ron de Bruin, Jan 19, 2009

  3. rm

    JB Guest

    Dates Data Base in B2:Bxxx

    FisrtDate In F2
    LastDate In G2

    Criteria: D1:D2
    Formula in D2: =And(B2>=$F$2,B2<=$G$2)

    http://cjoint.com/?bvrISc1MjG

    JB
    http://boisgontierjacques.free.fr

    JB, Jan 19, 2009
  4. rm

    rm Guest

    Thanks Ron,

    It doesn't seem to work so I am a little confused. All the dates in the
    spreadsheet are in column A so presumable date criteria needs also to be in
    column A in the criteria range. Can you give an example of a suitable formula
    or format for the criteria?

    --
    Thankyou RM

    rm, Jan 19, 2009
  5. rm

    xlmate Guest

    try using Custom Filter,

    1. Choose Filter under Data on the menu bar
    2. Click on the filter arrow
    3. Choose Custom
    4. click on the first drop down and select is greater than or equal to
    5. click on the drop down beside the first and choose your date
    6. tick And
    7. click on the 3rd drop down below the first and select is less than or
    equal to
    8. click on the drop down beside the 3rd and choose the date
    9. click OK

    this will give the range of data between the dates you have specified.

    HTH
    --
    Your feedback is very much appreciate, pls click on the Yes button below if
    this posting is helpful.

    Thank You

    cheers, francis

    xlmate, Jan 19, 2009
  6. rm

    Ron de Bruin Guest

    Hi

    You critera range is four cells now and can be in any column you want
    above your data range

    Install EasyFilter if you want it easy
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

    Ron de Bruin, Jan 19, 2009
  7. rm

    bluereef20010

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have a simplier low level question related to this. I have tried a number of things but cannot get it to work. I basically want to have an advanced filter that is less than or equal to a date that is input into a cell by a user ="<= 'A21"
    The end result is that a user looks a front sheet, inputs a date into a cell, the advanced filter picks this up in a different sheet and filters the dates so that we only see less than or equal to that date. This then is the source date for a graph on the front sheet. I have tried everything but it is just not working the way it should.
    I used ="<= 'A21" as the criteria where a21 contains a date in format mm/yy. Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

    bluereef20010, Feb 23, 2010