    I have a pivot table linked to another 2007 excel file for the data. When I
    select refresh with the data file open there is no problem but when I have
    the data file closed excel crashes. This always worked in Excel 2003.

    vr4, Mar 24, 2010

  2. vr4

    vr4 Guest

    I solved the problem. I have been using the top radio button (select a table
    or range) as in 2003 which is default but now we need to use the 2nd button
    (us an external data source). It works very fast now.

    vr4, Mar 24, 2010

  3. vr4

    NotInKY

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I abruptly began having this problem a couple months ago. The "external data source" button is not an option on my computer (greyed out), so how did you get it to work?

    NotInKY, Jul 6, 2011