Excel Excel 2007 Conditional Formating and Outlook

Reaction score
I have created a spreadsheet which is automatically updated from Access Databases.
I issue it as a report on a dailiy basis.

I have added conditional formatting to the spreadsheet. I have used the traffic light system and green is good, red is bad etc.

Everything works perfectly until I email the spreadsheet as the message body using Microsoft Outlook 2007. All the traffic light symbols disappear from the email. I have tried cut and paste and that still does not work. Everything else appears as normal.

Can anybody give me a pointer on how I can resolve this. I dont want to using any snapshot software.

Thanks in advance
PC :thumb:

Reaction score
sorry I realise I posted in incorrect forum - I have tried to delete or move with no success!

Sorry again
PC

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, I've moved this to the software forum now for you :)

As far as I understand, you can't use conditional formatting within the body of an e-mail, as all it does is create some tabular HTML that resembles the Excel cells. Is it not possible to just attach the Excel file instead?

Reaction score
Thanks Ian I issue the report to a wide audience and most are too lazy to open an attachment. I have used code as follows - =IF(C3=C37,"è",IF(C3>C37,"é","ê")) - The code writes arrows based on the trend. This works fine but the Traffic Lights look better. I have also conditionally formatted the arrows to be red or green based on the arrow. This works fine also. - Thanks again

Ask a Question