    Is this an excel issue or a computer issue?

    Thanks,
    Shay

    Shayla2008, Feb 9, 2009

  2. Do you have any events that are firing when you change selection or change
    sheets?

    Do you use google desktop search?

    If you rebooted and restarted your pc, do you still have the same problem?

    --

    Dave Peterson

    Dave Peterson, Feb 9, 2009

  3. Shayla2008

    Shayla2008 Guest

    I don't really know what you mean by events firing. The formulas are simple
    multication, addition and some cell references. The delay happens during
    these calculations and also when I am clicking in emtpy cells, copy/pasting,
    during save and toggling between spreadsheets.

    I do use google search.

    Yes, computer has been rebooted many times. This has been happening for a
    couple weeks now.

    Thanks, Shay

    Shayla2008, Feb 10, 2009
  4. Shayla2008

    Gord Dibben Guest

    When is the last time you did a really good cleanup of your TIF folders and
    Temp folders?

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

    Gord Dibben, Feb 10, 2009
  5. I'm not talking about www.google.com, though.

    I'm talking about the google desktop.

    If you're using that, then turn it off to see if that helps.

    If I recall correctly, a newer version of the google desktop search may have
    eliminated the problem.

    --

    Dave Peterson

    Dave Peterson, Feb 10, 2009
  6. Shayla2008

    Shayla2008 Guest

    I do clean them out regularly. I just got this laptop in Oct so it is also
    fairly new. I am wondering if it is more a systems problem than excel.
    I notice when I first open excel it works fine, the more spreadsheets I work
    in as the day goes on it gets progressively worse for the delay time. I
    usually have 3 open at a time.

    When I look at the systems performance the physical memory is high when it
    works good and it is low when it is bogging down. I read that shouldn't
    matter as it should free up memory as needed, but maybe it isn't.
    But, I don't have any problem with any other application, only excel.

    Should I post this question in another forum?

    Shayla2008, Feb 10, 2009
  7. Shayla2008

    Shayla2008 Guest

    Ok, no I don't think so. I have it on my explorer bar.

    Shayla2008, Feb 10, 2009
  8. If you open excel in safe mode:

    Close excel
    Windows start button|Run
    Excel /safe

    And then file|open your workbook

    Is the delay still there?

    --

    Dave Peterson

    Dave Peterson, Feb 10, 2009
  9. Shayla2008

    Shayla2008 Guest

    I am in a seminar today. Tomorrow when I am back in the office I will try
    this when it starts bogging.

    thx, Shay

    Shayla2008, Feb 10, 2009
  10. Shayla2008

    Shayla2008 Guest

    I tried using excel in safe mode and it does not help with the delay. I am
    still getting a 5 second delay for each task performed.
    Any other suggestions?

    Thx,
    Shay

    Shayla2008, Feb 11, 2009