Excel Excel 2003 won't reinstall

Reaction score
While working in Excel yesterday, I repeatedly got an error message every time i moved within the worksheet. I decided to un-install and re-install after nothing else seemed to work to correct the problem. I use the microsoft office student and teacher edition 2003. The un-install went fine but, when I reinstalled it keeps telling me there is aproblem with my product serial number. It posts this before I even get a chance to enter the product number! I don't know what to do to. Any ideas??? My operating system is Windows XP 2003.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Kathy, welcome to the site :)

What is the exact error message you get when you try to install?

Reaction score
The initial message I kept getting while working in my spreadsheet was the basic message from microsoft stating there was a problem and the program with the program and it had to close, sorry for the inconvenience, etc... I did send the error report and when I viewed it, i didn't see anything. After I did the re-instal, it said my product key number was incorrect but i never entered the product number. I can't enter the number because this message pops up right away.

Reaction score
When I go to install, it first copies the installation files to the computer. The error message then pops up saying,:

"You have not entered a valid product key.

Please check the number located on the sticker on the back of the CD case or on your Certificate of Authenticity."

It then closes the install. The only thing I can think of is that Outlook Express and MS Works might have came installed on the computer, and after uninstalling the version of Office I installed myself, the serial was deleted. When I try to reinstall could the Outlook Express serial be in the Registry somewhere and be ran through as being invalid for a full version of office?

Reaction score
No keys registered for Office, its not even listed as an installed program on the software profile. Any other ideas as to what could be causing this? Or is there anyway to go about installing office a different way? Safe mode would no let me install it either. Thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm out of ideas unfortunately, you might need to give MS a call and see if they can advise :)

Ask a Question