Bargain EVGA GTX480 for £185 = Bargain!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
http://overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-124-EA

Next generation gaming has arrived. Nvidia GeForce GTX 480 gives your games an adrenaline shot with the world's fastest performance and futuristic, visually stunning graphics. Experience heartpounding, cinematic visuals on your favorite games with the combined power of DirectX 11, CUDA and Nvidia PhysX technologies. And expand your visual real estate across three HD displays in jawdropping stereoscopic 3D for the ultimate in immersive gaming. Nvidia GeForce GTX 480: pure adrenaline meets visual bliss.

- EVGA Precision Tuning Utility
- Core Clock: 700MHz
- Memory: 1536MB GDDR5
- Memory Clock: 3696MHz (Effective)
- Memory Interface: 384-Bit
- Processing Cores: 480
- Shader Clock: 1401MHz
- Bus Type: PCI-Express 2.0
- Display Connectors: 2x Dual-Link DVI-I & 1x Mini-HDMI 1.3a (Includes HDMI & VGA Adapters)
- SLI Ready
- HDCP Capable
- DirectX 11 Support
- OpenGL 3.1 Support
- PhysX Enabled
- CUDA Enabled
- Warranty: 3 years standard warranty

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It's good, although you'll have to wait two weeks if you want one but the EVGA 460 costs around £55 less and only main differences are less processor cores (336 compared to 480) and the 480 has an extra half gig of memory. And in all other figures the EVGA overclocked 460 is actually faster.

I wonder if the differences are worth the extra money, perhaps they are, I'm not sure.

Oh, and it's at OCUK ;)

Not worth it for me to upgrade my 460 but I may consider one to replace my 9800GTX 512Mb in my second machine.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Quite incredible. Unless, of course, you're a huge Civilisation V freak ;)

After reading that, worth extra money? Possibly, but imo borderline case.

In short, you loaded - go for 480. Tight funds - you are now officially a 460 kiddie.

Ask a Question