    Event ID: 1041

    Date: 10/09/2008

    Time: 09:05:52

    User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

    Computer: DELL_M90

    Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for
    {7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE} and it will not be loaded. This is
    most likely caused by a faulty registration.

    David F. Sage, Sep 11, 2008

  2. David F. Sage

    Leonard Grey Guest

    Re: Event ID: 1041 Event Source: Userenv

    Your question does not contain all the required information needed for
    us to help you. Please re-write your question, this time make sure you
    have all the needed information and we'll try to help. This article:

    "How to ask a question"
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

    will help you to create a question that is more likely to provide the
    help you are seeking.

    ---
    Leonard Grey
    Errare humanum est

    Leonard Grey, Sep 11, 2008

  3. David F. Sage

    Gerry Guest

    David

    Use regedit to search the registry for
    7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE. Select Start, Run, type "regedit"
    without quotes, and hit OK. Use Edit, Find to search My Computer for
    7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE.

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~
    FCA
    Stourport, England
    Enquire, plan and execute
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Gerry, Sep 11, 2008
  4. David F. Sage

    Guest

    On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 13:35:50 +0100, "David F. Sage"
    <david.sage(22B2CC97717FBCAB31F541ED8F4E6C8)@btconnect.com> wrote:

    >Please explain in simple words, how I should correct the problem.
    >

    >For this, thank you David.
    >

    >Event Type: Error
    >
    >Event Source: Userenv
    >
    >Event Category: None
    >
    >Event ID: 1041
    >
    >Date: 10/09/2008
    >
    >Time: 09:05:52
    >
    >User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    >
    >Computer: DELL_M90

    >Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for
    >{7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE} and it will not be loaded. This is
    >most likely caused by a faulty registration.
    >

    >For more information, see Help and Support Center at
    >http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

    If you Google * event id:1041 * ( without the stars ) , and look at
    the heading closest to it .

    , Sep 11, 2008
  5. Re: Event ID: 1041 Event Source: Userenv

    O/S XP Professional, SP3, Version 2002.

    The Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp did
    not help me.

    A Google search did not provide sufficient information to help me correct
    the problem.

    A Registry search finds 7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE in
    NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GPExtensions/7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE/Default/REG_SZ/(value
    not set)

    I am not a professional computer person and would much appreciate your
    understanding and simple advice, leading to correcting the problem.

    For this, thank you.

    David F. Sage, Sep 13, 2008
  6. David F. Sage

    Gerry Guest

    Re: Event ID: 1041 Event Source: Userenv

    David

    Use regedit to search the registry for
    7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE. Select Start, Run, type "regedit"
    without quotes, and hit OK. Use Edit, Find to search My Computer for
    7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE.

    What name does it put against the guid?

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~
    FCA
    Stourport, England
    Enquire, plan and execute
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Gerry, Sep 13, 2008
  7. Re: Event ID: 1041 Event Source: Userenv

    Gerry.

    I appreciate the quick reply; I copied the only information in 'regedit'
    associated with {7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE}.

    Please explain how I should find the information you require, thank you
    David.

    David F. Sage, Sep 13, 2008
  8. David F. Sage

    nass Guest

    Re: Event ID: 1041 Event Source: Userenv

    David
    It seems to me like a mismatch in the group policy on your machine or Audit!
    I had similar problem with a user with a Viral infection. The only way
    solved after cleaning the infection is to create a new user account and test
    on that and see if the error will be logged in the Event Viewer.

    How to Identify a Damaged User Profile and Create a New Profile
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151
    Let us know if that helped.
    nass

    nass, Sep 13, 2008
  9. David F. Sage

    dutch55 Guest

    > Event ID: 1041
    >
    > Date: 10/09/2008
    >
    > Time: 09:05:52
    >
    > User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    >
    > Computer: DELL_M90

    > Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for
    > {7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE} and it will not be loaded. This is
    > most likely caused by a faulty registration.

    David,

    Were there any other Event ID 1041 messages with a different string between
    the braces?

    Did you install and remove Internet Explorer 8 Beta? If so, it is highly
    likely it is bug in the Microsoft IE8 uninstall procedure.

    dutch55, Sep 14, 2008
  10. David F. Sage

    Gerry Guest

    Re: Event ID: 1041 Event Source: Userenv

    David

    The guid 7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE represents a programme or
    process. If you search My Computer using Edit, Find it will take you to
    the references to the guid in the Registry. An examination of the keys
    you find often / usually gives you the name of the programme / process.
    If you can provide that detail there is a better chance of getting to
    the meaning of the error report.

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~
    FCA
    Stourport, England
    Enquire, plan and execute
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Gerry, Sep 14, 2008
  11. Re: Event ID: 1041 Event Source: Userenv

    Hi Nass.

    Just after receiving your advice, my wife was ill.

    She is now home after a long stay in hospital, shortly I hope to try
    Creating a new Profile.

    Regards, David.

    David F. Sage, Sep 22, 2008
  12. David F. Sage

    Leonard Grey Guest

    Re: Event ID: 1041 Event Source: Userenv

    We hope your wife will be back to 100% very soon.
    ---
    Leonard Grey
    Errare humanum est

    Leonard Grey, Sep 22, 2008
  13. Re: Event ID: 1041 Event Source: Userenv

    Unfortunately, creating a New Profile has not worked.

    Regards, David

    David F. Sage, Sep 24, 2008
  14. David F. Sage

    Gerry Guest

    Re: Event ID: 1041 Event Source: Userenv

    David

    You did not respond to this post.

    Gerry, Sep 24, 2008
  15. Re: Event ID: 1041 Event Source: Userenv

    Gerry.

    In a previous Posting, I reported:

    A Registry search finds 7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE in

    NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GPExtensions/7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE/Default/REG_SZ/(value

    not set)

    Did I misunderstand your suggestion, let me know and for this, thank you.
    David.

    David F. Sage, Sep 25, 2008
  16. David F. Sage

    Gerry Guest

    Re: Event ID: 1041 Event Source: Userenv

    David

    All my entries here have a Default value. Also the guid is enclosed in
    curly brackets thus:

    NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GPExtensions\{3610eda5-77ef-11d2-8dc5-00c04fa31a66}

    Under the Default/REG_SZ entry line there are normally other entries.
    Can you confirm there are no further entries. There are presumably other
    guids for comparision so you can see what might be expected.

    My understanding of the Registry is limited. I found these two Knowledge
    Base Articles, which refer.

    Troubleshooting Group Policy Client-Side Extension Behavior

    Identifying Group Policy Client-Side Extensions
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216357

    However, the question in my mind is why have this key if no default
    value is set?

    The guids under GPExtensions on my system do not appear elsewhere in the
    Registry so looking would seem unlikely to be productive.

    The answer might be to remove the key but the only problem is the
    generation of the Error Report I think I would live that than risk other
    consequences.

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~
    FCA
    Stourport, England
    Enquire, plan and execute
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Gerry, Sep 25, 2008
  17. Re: Event ID: 1041 Event Source: Userenv

    Gerry.

    Problem solved, a while ago, I installed IE8b and later uninstalled it.

    Belatedly remembering this, I reinstalled IE8b again and Event ID 1041
    ended.

    The downside is a very slow 'start-up' and 'shut-down', this I can cope
    with.

    With my appreciation to all who helped and for this, thank you.

    David F. Sage, Sep 25, 2008
  18. David F. Sage

    Gerry Guest

    Re: Event ID: 1041 Event Source: Userenv

    David

    That is beta software! You need to ask in the beta forum about
    uninstalling as it seems to leave bits behind.

    ~~~~

    Gerry
    ~~~~
    FCA