Event ID 1035 and 1065 after Registery Permissions change

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 MSI' started by Guest, Oct 9, 2005.

    We had a new Server 2003 installation which was up and running fine with
    Terminal Services 5 clients. Woring with an ACT Var we installed the new ACT
    8.0 installation on the server. When attemping to configure integration with
    outlook (Exchange 2003 running on new SBS2003 server) we got errors and
    outllook froze up. The var suggested the following to remedy the freezing:
    We need to give them full access to certain parts of the "C" drive and the
    registry. Let's start with these areas:

    1) On the C drive give them full admin rights to "C:\act" and to "C:\program
    files\act"

    2) In the registry, give them full admin rights to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT,
    HKLM\Software\ACT, and HKLM\Software\Symantec\ACT.

    I implemented the first section and tied loging in as a user and could now
    configure outllool succeffully and open the outlook mailbox. But when i
    attempted to send a message, it froze again with a message "Syncronizing item
    1 of 1". I then made the registery entries listed in step 2 on the server.
    Then when i loged in their desktops were complelty blank without icons start
    toolbar etc. I went back to the registery and took back the write
    permissions to the listed entries, and loged out their sessions, but when i
    logged back in, same thing. After rebooting the server. The admin session
    was also blank. I found that waiting about 10 minutes, the screen did appear.
    but very unresponsive. I logged into the SBS2003 box and through manage
    other server found the followin errors in the applicaiton log:

    Event ID 1030, source User env. Windows cannont query fo the list of Gropu
    Policy objects. Check the event log for possible messages previously logged
    by the policy engine taht descripbes the reason for this.

    Event ID 1065, Source: User env: Windows cannont perform filter check for
    Group Policy object CN_ {0227ED4A-3422-4690-9D06-530A65A1E0D8}, CN-Ploicies,
    CN-System, DC-desire, DC-Local, Group policy processing aborted.

    Any help on this greatly appreciated. They have people planning on working
    in the morning and there is nothing to log into at this point.

    Guest, Oct 9, 2005

    Please note: I incorrectly stated Event ID 1035 it is 1030.

    Guest, Oct 10, 2005