C

Chris Lanier

Not really sure what u r asking. do u want to know howto
turn error reporting off? howto fix the error u r
getting? use knowing the error message might help, along
with what program u r trying to load.

G

Gerry Cornell

I would look in Event Viewer at the logged errors and post a copy here.

1. To open Event Viewer, click Start, click Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, double-click Event Viewer and select System for system errors or Application for application errors. Look for Error in the Type column and double click on Error to reveal a Description of the error. This can be copied by using Clipboard Viewer (see later).

2. Part of the Description of the error will include a link, which you should double click for further information and you can copy using copy and paste.
http://go.microsoft.com/fw.link/events.asp
(Please note the hyperlink above is for illustration purposes only)

3. For some errors you will find "+ Related Knowledge Base Article", which if double clicked takes you to the Knowledge Base Article containing a suggested solution.

There always seems to be a step 2 but not always a step 3.

A tip for posting copies of Error Reports (Step 1). Run Event Viewer and double click on the error you want to copy. In the window which appears is a button resembling two pages. Double click the button and close Event Viewer. Now start your message ( email )and do a paste into the body of the message. This will paste the info from the Event Viewer Error Report complete with links into the message. Make sure this is the first paste after exiting from Event Viewer. It can be helpful to place a shortcut to Event Viewer on your Desktop.

HOW TO: View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427

~~~~~~

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA
(e-mail address removed)
Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any