Error: Only part of a read process memory request completed

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help' started by Beryl, Mar 3, 2005.

  1. Beryl

    Beryl Guest

    I recently bought a new laptop with XP Pro OS, 512RAM. The computer is
    not networked.
    It came preinstalled with Microsoft Works full suite, and Microsoft
    Office 10 (dated 2002 ver) with all programs except MS Publisher.
    I had previously purchased Microsoft Office 2000 for my old computer
    and now want to install MS Publisher from these CD's but get the
    following error message:
    "Only part of a read/process/memory or write process memory request was
    completed." and installation aborts.
    I did a reinstall on the old computer to ensure the installation disk
    was OK. It was. I have tried MS Knowledgebase, MS Community net help,
    MSexperts, and numerous XP forums.
    PLEASE can anyone help me get MS Publisher installed???
    Thanks, Beryl

    --
    Beryl
    Beryl's Profile: http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/member.phtml?userid=840

    Beryl, Mar 3, 2005

  2. Hi Beryl,

    Tried cleaning up the Windows installer yet?

    Resolving problems with the Windows installer:
    http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Installation

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/