    workbook."

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thank you.

    butter, Aug 17, 2009

  2. butter

    Kaimi_CA Guest

    I had exactly the same problem and believe that I have a work-around after
    searching online and speaking with a Microsoft Support 'professional.' My
    initial replies from the email tech guys were not helpful, but I eventually
    got a phone number and was able to speak with a guy who clealy understand the
    issue and had dealt with it "100's of times."

    The underlying problem, as he described it, has to do with the Apple OS Save
    command talking to the network drive Server Software. In my case, the LaCie
    2big drive has network protocol software specific for Mac (AFP) that makes
    the share drive look like just another drive, but there are many variations
    of server software. One can reach the server software by logging in, but
    making changes there to priorities, communication rates, handshake details
    and other synchronization variables is way over my head. From this
    perspective,for Microsoft Tech support staff, the issue is not with the Excel
    program.

    On my own I discovered a work-around for MS Office 08 for Mac Excel as
    follows. It may work for others.

    1) Open Excel and migrate to File-Preferences-Authoring-General and find
    the line "Preferred file location:". Click on Select and browse to the
    folder on the network drive containing the problem files. While hovering
    over the text box or Select button, note the background info in the
    Description box at the bottom of the screen. In my case, I choose a folder
    several steps up in the hierarchy, above the file of interest, figuring that
    once Excel got to the network drive, it would be able to find the files
    anywhere within the folder location I entered.

    2) Now, the next time the problem occurs, and it most likely will (!!),
    simply put your Mac to sleep briefly and re-awaken it. On a MacBook just
    close the cover and re-open it. Voila, the message is gone and files can be
    saved without further delay.

    I have not bothered to see if steps 1 and 2 are both required, but I can say
    that step one alone was not a fix. Best of luck in your case.

    Kaimi_CA, Sep 1, 2009

  3. butter

    s p Guest

    Excel cannot access file ... windows 2003 server

    Just had the same problem in excel on Windows Server 2003 and resolved it ...

    The macro security on the spreadsheet. Change it to a low setting. Do the same for all client copies of Excel (if office is resident on client computers).

    As soon as I did it - bam! ... all had access.

    butter wrote:

    Error - Microsoft Office Excel cannot access the file <filename>.
    17-Aug-09

    I am receiving the following message randomly. I am trying to save to
    network drive. It is happening on several different spreadsheets

    "Microsoft Office Excel cannot access the file <filename>. There ar
    several possible reasons

    - The file name or path does not exist
    - The file is being used by another program
    - The workbook you are trying to save has the same name as a currently ope
    workbook.

    Any help would be appreciated

    Thank you.

    On Monday, August 17, 2009 9:15 AM
    butter wrote:

    Error - Microsoft Office Excel cannot access the file <filename>.
    I am receiving the following message randomly. I am trying to save to
    network drive. It is happening on several different spreadsheets

    "Microsoft Office Excel cannot access the file <filename>. There ar
    several possible reasons

    - The file name or path does not exist
    - The file is being used by another program
    - The workbook you are trying to save has the same name as a currently ope
    workbook.

    Any help would be appreciated

    Thank you.

    On Tuesday, September 01, 2009 2:44 PM
    Kaimi_CA wrote:

[...]

    "butter" wrote:

    Scrolling in WPF Toolkit?s Column Chart
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...6/scrolling-in-wpf-toolkits-column-chart.aspx

    s p, Jul 26, 2010
  4. butter

    RichTheCoder

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Disable macro security? Not my favorite idea, but then, I dislike spending hours cleaning viruses from machines.

    Instead, generate your own digital cetificate, install it to your machine, and set security for macros to the "run digitally signed macros only" in Excel's Trust Center settings. Details are posted many places on the internet, and they change with every Excel release anyway. (What doesn't?)

    RichTheCoder, Apr 30, 2012