    c:\window\system32\drivers\isapnp.sys - all I wanted is to rename the file
    and then expand the cd and copy the new file to replace. I cannot get pass
    the stage. Please hlp you clever guys out there.

    Rosalind, Jan 6, 2008

  2. Rosalind

    JS Guest

    In the Windows Explorer toolbar select: Tools/Folder Options
    In the Folder Options window click on the 'View' tab
    Now select 'Show hidden files and folders'
    Un-check 'Hide extensions for know files types'
    Click 'Apply' to accept changes and 'OK' exit.

    JS

    JS, Jan 6, 2008

  3. Rosalind

    Karl Snooks Guest

    Rosalind,

    Since your familiar with DOS:
    Win+R | type CMD | hit Enter key

    CD C:\windows\system32\drivers
    rename isapnp.sys isapnp.old
    Exit

    Karl Snooks

    Karl Snooks, Jan 7, 2008
  4. Rosalind

    Rosalind Guest

    Hi Karl,

    Did what you said in DOS mode (after I have start XP Cd and use Repair
    console) I tried ren isapnp.sys isapnp.old but it kept saying that the file
    is not a directory. Itried everything, from \windows to \windows\system32 to
    \windows\system32\drivers

    All do not work.

    Rosalind, Jan 7, 2008
  5. Rosalind

    Karl Snooks Guest

    Hi Rosalind,
    Do me a favor and:
    Win+R | CMD | hit Enter key

    type CD
    hit the Enter key

    Now write down exactly what you have for a DOS prompt.

    type CD\
    hit the Enter key

    Now write down exactly what you have for a DOS prompt.

    type EXIT
    hit the Enter key

    Let me know the DOS prompt you saw after entering simply CD

    and the DOS prompt after entering CD\

    Karl Snooks

    Karl Snooks, Jan 7, 2008