    the following error: "No Operating System Found." Can
    anyone tell me what happened and how I can fix the
    problem? Thanks in advance for any help!!

    Holly Roche, Jan 12, 2004

  2. If you do not have any floppy disk or bootable cds in the drives it sounds
    like the System boot file are missing. Check that the bios sees your
    harddrive

    --
    Richard McCall [MSFT]

    rights."

    \Richard McCall [MSFT]\, Jan 12, 2004

  3. Holly Roche

    Mark V Guest

    In microsoft.public.win2000.cmdprompt.admin Holly Roche wrote:

    > I turned my PC on this am and a DOS prompt came up stating
    > the following error: "No Operating System Found." Can
    > anyone tell me what happened and how I can fix the
    > problem? Thanks in advance for any help!!

    Could be many things and few of which can be solved by W2K cmdprompt
    administration.

    When you post to a another group be sure to include some detail. Like:
    OS, filesystem, partitioning etc.

    You could try booting the W2K CD and entering Recovery Console to see
    if the disk, MBR et al. are visible...

    Mark V, Jan 12, 2004
  4. Holly Roche

    Holly Roche Guest

    I used the system recovery disk as advised and that worked
    fine and all was recovered. However, this morning, same
    problem with the error message and the disks do not help
    the situation. Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance.
    Holly

    Holly Roche, Jan 19, 2004