error message 0x800ccc0d

Dave

I keep getting this error message can anyone help please?

Unable to send or receive messages for the pop3 account. The host 'pop3'
could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name
correctly.

Server: 'pop3'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 11001

Gary VanderMolen

All your settings are wrong. Are you trying to set up a
Hotmail, MSN, or Live.com email account? If so, use the settings given here:
http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry
Use port 587 rather than port 25 for the SMTP server.

If your mail service provider is other than the ones mentioned, let us
know who it is, or check their website for mail setup instructions.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Dave" wrote in message
I keep getting this error message can anyone help please?

Unable to send or receive messages for the pop3 account. The host 'pop3'
could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name
correctly.

Server: 'pop3'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 11001

Jon Pepper

"Dave" wrote in message
I keep getting this error message can anyone help please?

Unable to send or receive messages for the pop3 account. The host 'pop3'
could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name
correctly.

Server: 'pop3'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 11001

.

Jon Pepper

Gary,

I have the same issue but receiving the following message from comcast

Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3,
Server Response: '-ERR invalid command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server
Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

Any advice would be tremendously appreciated

Thanks

Peter Foldes

Jon

No, you do not have the same issue as per the error code. Do not hijack someone
else's thread but instead start a new one of your own.

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

Gary VanderMolen

Your issue is quite different. Next time please start a new thread.

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled.

If that setting was already unchecked, which antivirus are you running?
Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time.
Make sure your antivirus is not configured to scan emails.