    can someone help me with this ?
    TIA ,
    D.

    D., Feb 14, 2009

  2. D.

    Kelly Guest

    Try installing from the direct download and not from a saved install.

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP/DTS&XP)

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    Kelly, Feb 14, 2009

  3. Post here instead: http://forum.avast.com/

    cf.
    http://groups.google.com/group/micr...ead/cbe98890ac4f38d8?q=author:

    PS: I don't think install an anti-virus application now is going to help
    with the hijackware problem that's disable System Restore (cf.
    http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=37919).

    2. Run this online scan (in safe mode w/networking, if need be):

    logs in an appropriate forum.

    Checking for/Help with Hijackware
    http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

    **Seek expert assistance in
    http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?board=10.0,
    http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or other appropriate forums.**

    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
    DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

    PA Bear [MS MVP], Feb 14, 2009
  4. D.

    D. Guest

    thanks Kelly but it doesn't make a difference .

    D., Feb 14, 2009
  5. D.

    D. Guest

    thanks

    D., Feb 14, 2009
  6. D.

    Kelly Guest

    Hmm, sorry about that. Good luck!

    --

    All the Best and Happy Mardi Gras,
    Kelly (MS-MVP/DTS&XP)

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    Kelly, Feb 14, 2009
  7. D.

    D. Guest

    FYI
    the reason i was getting the error was
    because i had a corrupt avast still installed .
    i had to use the avast uninstall utility as
    it would not remove in add / remove .
    it installed with no problem .
    hope this is helpful ,
    D.

    D., Feb 14, 2009
  8. D.

    jsutansweringonequestion

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Had the same problem on a laptop using Windows XP

    Avast was giving me this error message
    Itunes and Citrix would just open and close the installer within 5 seconds
    Altough other installation sur Adobe Reader would work

    I did transfer the file from a USB key knowning it was working on the other computer...so it isnt the installation file...

    Then i decided to reinstall the windows installer
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=8483

    Reboot

    Would'nt work with the file on the computer from the USB key but i've downloaded the file from the internet again and now it works....

    It may have corrupted the file from the USB key.... that laptop had a few bad sectors on the harddrive and i had to reinstall the system using the HP manager....

    Works now

    Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
    jsutansweringonequestion, Aug 26, 2011