Error Code 0x800CC0E

jmshramm

"unable to fetch headers"
"cannot find server"
error 0x800CCOE

How can I configure Outlook to send/receive e mail on a
wireless network without the above error message? My
laptop connects to a server on a wireless network. Running
windows xp pro. Outlook 2002.

neo [mvp outlook]

the cannot find server part sounds like the laptop can't resolve the server
name. are you able to ping the server by name/ip address?

yes I can ping, other other suggestions?

----- neo [mvp outlook] wrote: -----

the cannot find server part sounds like the laptop can't resolve the server
name. are you able to ping the server by name/ip address?

neo [mvp outlook]

mail server on your corporate network or are you going through a device to
an isp? the reason that i ask is that i have seen posts in the past where
linksys switched hubs and cable/dsl modem routers can corrupt data packets.
generally the end user has to reduce their mtu below 1460. might be
something you have to do in order to support a solid wireless connection.

--
Neo [MVP Outlook]
Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted

----- neo [mvp outlook] wrote: -----

the cannot find server part sounds like the laptop can't resolve the server
name. are you able to ping the server by name/ip address?

--
Neo [MVP Outlook]
Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted
w/out reading.

jmshramm said:
"unable to fetch headers"
"cannot find server"
error 0x800CCOE
wireless network without the above error message? My
laptop connects to a server on a wireless network. Running
windows xp pro. Outlook 2002.

going through a wireless lan to another device to isp.
How do I reduce my mtu below 1460?

----- neo [mvp outlook] wrote: -----

the cannot find server part sounds like the laptop
can't resolve the
server
name. are you able to ping the server by name/ip address?
account will be
deleted
w/out reading.

.

neo [mvp outlook]

Open Regedit and go to:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces

Under here there will be some folders with long alpha-numeric names (class
ids). Review each folder to find the one that has your currently assigned
IP address. Add a DWORD value named MTU and set it to 1460 (decimal). You
will need to reboot in order for this change to take effect.

--

----- neo [mvp outlook] wrote: -----

the cannot find server part sounds like the laptop
can't resolve the
server
name. are you able to ping the server by name/ip address?
account will be
deleted
w/out reading.

"unable to fetch headers"
"cannot find server"
error 0x800CCOE
How can I configure Outlook to send/receive e mail on a
wireless network without the above error message? My
laptop connects to a server on a wireless network. Running
windows xp pro. Outlook 2002.

.

jmshramm

thank you
[...]

"jmshramm" <[email protected]> wrote
in
message
news:6AEDE26E-F723-4A8C-9D41- (e-mail address removed)...