    wireless network without the above error message? My
    laptop connects to a server on a wireless network. Running
    windows xp pro. Outlook 2002.

    jmshramm, Dec 21, 2003

  2. the cannot find server part sounds like the laptop can't resolve the server
    name. are you able to ping the server by name/ip address?

    --
    Neo [MVP Outlook]
    Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted

    neo [mvp outlook], Dec 21, 2003

  3. jmshramm

    Guest Guest

    yes I can ping, other other suggestions?

    Guest, Dec 21, 2003
  4. mail server on your corporate network or are you going through a device to
    an isp? the reason that i ask is that i have seen posts in the past where
    linksys switched hubs and cable/dsl modem routers can corrupt data packets.
    generally the end user has to reduce their mtu below 1460. might be
    something you have to do in order to support a solid wireless connection.

    neo [mvp outlook], Dec 21, 2003
  5. jmshramm

    Guest Guest

    going through a wireless lan to another device to isp.
    How do I reduce my mtu below 1460?

    message

    Guest, Dec 21, 2003
  6. Open Regedit and go to:

    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces

    Under here there will be some folders with long alpha-numeric names (class
    ids). Review each folder to find the one that has your currently assigned
    IP address. Add a DWORD value named MTU and set it to 1460 (decimal). You
    will need to reboot in order for this change to take effect.

    neo [mvp outlook], Dec 21, 2003
  7. jmshramm

    jmshramm Guest

    thank you