Error bars, curve/line of best fit, axis help

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Charting' started by jschlarb, Sep 17, 2008.

  1. jschlarb

    jschlarb Guest

    I need help with putting the following into my chart:

    1. Error bars (I have data)
    2. Curve/line of best fit (one of each)
    3. Making it so the axis only shows a certain amount of tick marks*

    * This is what I mean:

    My x-axis has the following data marks:

    0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3,

    and I want it to just be 1, 2, 3 without altering the position of the plots
    on the graph.

    Thanks
    --
    You're the best

    jschlarb, Sep 17, 2008

  2. jschlarb

    Jon Peltier Guest

    First and foremost, make sure you have constructed an XY chart, not a line
    chart.

    Error bars:
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ErrorBars.html

    Trendlines:
    http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/09/09/choosing-a-trendline-type/
    http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/09/05/trendline-fitting-errors/
    http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/09/10/regression-approach-to-a-simple-physics-problem/

    Tick Spacing:
    Double click the axis, and enter the appropriate values in the boxes.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions